- These are the Betting Rules of Skrilla Australia (“Skrilla”). Skrilla is owned and operated by Puntaa Pty Ltd (“Puntaa”). Puntaa is licensed as a Sports Bookmaker in the Northern Territory (NT), Australia by the Northern Territory Racing Commission (NTRC).
- These Betting Rules shall be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions, which apply to your use of the Skrilla Service provided in whatever form, on this Application (the “Application”) or this Website (the “Website”) (as the case may be) and through whatever delivery mechanism offered.
- These Betting Rules come into force immediately upon acceptance by you, indicating that you agree with and accept to be bound by its terms. You are advised to read these rules carefully. Your continued use of the Application and/or Website means that you accept these rules, which form a binding legal agreement between you and Skrilla. If you do not agree to be bound by them, you should exit the Application and/or the Website immediately.
For the purpose of the Service, the following definitions apply:
- Account means a single account created by a User, and verified within 45 days.
- Attributes means the characteristics of a Contest, including Contest Type, Entry Fee, Entrants, Rosters Submitted, Roster Limit, Rake, Prize Pool, Scoring System and Status.
- Contest means a Contest, which Users can join, make Player Selections to build and submit a Roster/s, and score Points in accordance with the Rules, until the Contest is Resulted and Payouts distributed.
- Contest Type means the specific features which define the Contest type.
- CS:GO means Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Dota2 means the free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Valve Corporation.
- Entrant means a User who has Joined a Contest.
- Entry Fee means the bet amount required to place a bet and enter a single Roster into a Contest.
- Esport means professional competition held in relation to a esport, including, but not limited to the following sports; LoL, DOTA2 and CS:GO.
- Event means an Esports tournament, run by a recognised League.
- Free Entry mean there is no cost to a User to place a bet and Join a Contest.
- Join a Contest means the placement of a bet by a User to submit a valid Roster/s and participate in a Contest.
- Leaderboard means a display of Rosters in a Contest, ranked from highest to lowest based on the respective total accrued Points of a single Roster, during a Live or Resulted Contest.
- League means an organisation that governs and runs Tournaments in relation to Esports.
- Lobby means the part of the Service which details a list of all Pending and Live Contests.
- LoL means League of Legends
- Live means a Contest in which the first Match has commenced and you can no longer Join, or if you are a User participating in the Contest, adjust Selections to your submitted Roster. Matches occur in real time during this period.
- Guaranteed Prize Pool means a Contest with a guaranteed Payout to Entrants regardless of the number of Entrants and Entry Fees paid.
- Match means competition within an Event in which two Teams and their corresponding Players, compete against each other over multiple Rounds.
- Payout means the amount a User can receive from placing in a resulted Contest, based on the Prize Pool Split.
- Player means a professional player competing in a Team in an Event.
- Player Value means the purchase price allocated to a Player based upon their historical performance. The higher the performance level the higher the Player Value ascribed to a Player.
- Points means the points accumulated in relation to a User’s Roster, based on how each Player performs, according to the Scoring System. Points allocated to a Player contribute to a User’s cumulative Points score for their Roster over the course of the Contest.
- Prize Pool means the total value of the Payouts available to Users in a Contest.
- Prize Pool Split means the breakdown of the Prize Pool available to be won by a place in a Contest.
- Prize Pool Type means the specific Prize Pool type of Contest (Standard or Guaranteed).
- Rake means the portion of the Entry Fees collected by Skrilla, that exceed the Prize Pool of a Guaranteed or Standard Contest that goes Live.
- Resulted means the Contest has been completed and resulted by Skrilla, final Points allocated for each Roster, places for User’s Rosters have been finalised, and Payouts distributed to those Users that place.
- Roster means a collection of Players, from Teams in an Event, that a User picks as Selections.
- Roster Limit means the maximum number of Rosters that can be entered in a Contest.
- Rosters Submitted means the total number of Rosters Users have submitted in Joining a Contest.
- Round means an individual game Teams play against each other as a subset of a Match.
- Rules means the relevant rules and details according to which a Contest will be run including the Entry Fee, Prize Pool, Roster Limit, Time Left or Status, Scoring System, and any other relevant Attributes.
- Salary Cap means the total amount that a User can spend on Selections for a valid Roster.
- Scoring System means the Points allocated for specific actions successfully undertaken by Players in a Round, and can be found in the relation to each Contest within ‘Contest Info’.
- Selection means the Players, picked and submitted by a User to create a Roster.
- Status means the state of a Contest (Pending, Live or Resulted).
- Team means a collection of Players competing for a franchise, in an Event.
- Time Left means the time remaining before a Contest goes Live, displayed in a countdown timer format.
- Pending means a Contest in existence, which has yet to go Live and which a User can Join, if they are not already an Entrant.
- User means the individual with a registered Account, using the Service.
- User Roster Limit means the maximum number of Rosters a User can enter into a Contest. The maximum is One (1) Roster for Free Entry Contests, unless otherwise stated, and the lesser of 150 Rosters, or 3% of the Roster Limit, for a paid entry Contest.
3. Joining a Contest
- You must have an Account in order to place a bet and Join a Contest. In the event you do not have an existing Account you will be required to sign up and create an Account.
- You can view and select from Pending Contests within the Lobby. The Lobby provides a list of Pending Contests, in addition to filtered Live and Resulted Contests.
- If You click on a Contest from within the Lobby, You will be taken to a Contest page. Here You can see the Contest Attributes, including but not limited to: Rules, Status or Time Left, Entrants, Roster Limit, Entry Fee, Prize Pool, Prize Pool Type and Prize Pool Split.
- You can Join a Contest, if it is Pending, prior to the Contest going Live.
- You can build a valid Roster, by making a Selection of Players whose total Player Value, fits under the Salary Cap and complies with the Rules.
- Users must pay the Entry Fee to place a bet and enter a Contest. This excludes Free Entry Contests.
- Users cannot Join a Contest, where the Roster Limit has been reached.
- A bet will be considered placed, and a Contest successfully Joined, when You receive a confirmation message from Us.
- When Your bet is accepted by Us and You Join a Contest, we accept Your bet as a counterparty in accordance with these Betting Rules and the Terms and Conditions. When You place a bet by Joining a Contest, You bet with us, not with other Players who use our Service. We accept all liability for any Payout for a Player on a successful bet in accordance with the applicable Prize Pool Split.
- Once You have placed a bet and Joined a Contest, You cannot cancel your bet and redeem Your Entry Fee.
4. Roster Selections
- You can select and unselect Players on a Contest page, to build a Roster.
- To create a valid Roster Your Player Selections must comply with the Rules, and the total Player Value of your Roster cannot exceed the Salary Cap.
- Unsubmitted or invalid Rosters will be saved and accessible in draft mode, until You Join a Contest, or cleared once a Contest goes Live. A draft Roster can be adjusted until the Contest goes Live.
- You may submit one or multiple Rosters, when Joining a Contest, depending on the Rules.
- You can adjust your Selections once You Join a Contest, provided it has not gone Live.
- Once a Contest has gone Live You cannot change your Selections.
- The time remaining to submit, or adjust, your Roster can be viewed via Time Left, which counts down the time remaining until the Contest goes Live.
- In the event a Team substitutes a Player before a Contest goes Live, We will endeavour to notify you, however it is the sole responsibility of the User to remove the Player from a Roster and make a new Selection. We will not be held liable for a Users failure to adjust their Roster in relation to a substituted Player.
- In the event a Team substitutes a Player after a Contest goes Live, We will adjust Your Roster to replace Your Selected Player with the substituted Player.
- If a bet is inadvertently accepted, and a Roster Submitted, in respect of a Joined Contest, after it goes Live, the bet shall be deemed to be invalid and the User will be reimbursed their Entry Fee. This excludes returns for Free Entry Contests. They will not be entitled to participate in the Payout in the event they place.
- Users will accumulate Points based on how their Players, and in some instances a Player’s Team performs, in relation to the Contest’s Scoring System, in each Round their Players participate.
- The Scoring System can be viewed from the ‘Contest Info’ section of an individual Contest page.
- A User’s individual Roster submitted, will be ranked on the Leaderboard, in descending order, based on their cumulative Points total, during a Live or Resulted Contest.
- The Leaderboard displays the User and corresponding Rosters that place, and are entitled to a Payout, post the Resulting of the Contest.
- If one or more Matches in a Contest is cancelled, abandoned without an official result or postponed beyond the scheduled date, all bets are considered void and Entry Fees returned to Entrants. This excludes returns for Free Entry Contests.
- Skrilla utilises Third Party Data Suppliers, who provide official statistics and results for each Event. Skrilla hold no responsibility for any errors in results and statistics provided by these operators.
- The Resulting of a Contest will not be changed regardless of any official statistics or scoring adjustments made by the Leagues or Third Party Data Providers at later times or dates, except in Skrillas' sole discretion.
- To the extent that we offer 'live' statistics during gameplay, all 'live' statistics and other information provided through the Skrilla website and related information sources are unofficial. Live sports statistics and their respective components are offered for informational and/or entertainment purposes only and are not used to determine the results of our Contests. While Srkilla and the third parties used to provide the Service use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, neither Skrilla nor its Third Party Data Providers warrant or make any representations of any kind with respect to the information provided through the Skrilla website and related information sources.
- Final Points for each Roster will be determined, only once a Contest has been officially Resulted, to ensure that the data provided is verified and correct. Contests will be resulted within 24 hours of the conclusion of the final Match in a Contest, except in circumstances where technical failure, inability of the Us to verify your compliance with the Terms and Conditions or Betting Rules, or other reasons prevent such timely payout.
6. Prize Pool and Payouts
- A User pays an Entry Fee to place a bet and Join a Contest. This excludes Free Entry Contests.
- A User can view the Prize Pool and Prize Pool Split, which displays the minimum number of eligible Prize winners, from within the Contest page.
- Users who place will be displayed on the Leaderboard in descending order of individual Rosters with the highest Point totals, at the Resulting of the Contest.
- In the event that two or more User’s Rosters finish on the same Points total in a Resulted Contest, the Payout for those places will be calculated by adding the Prize Pool Splits for those places together and dividing equally among those Users. Two examples:
(a) If two Users in a Contest finish on equal points in first place, the Prize Pool Splits for first and second will be combined and the total shared equally between those two Users. If there are Prize Pool Splits for three or more places, the next highest ranked User, would receive the Payout for third place Split.
(b) If a Contest has a Prize Pool Split for the top two Users and three Users finish on equal points in second place, the Prize Pool Split for second place would be shared equally between those three Users.
- Once a Contest has been Resulted, Payouts will be credited to each placing User’s eWallet, in accordance with the Prize Pool Split for the Contest.
- The Payout to a User who places in a Contest represents the payment for a successfully placed bet.
- A User who receives a Payout, may waive their right to receive the Payout.
- A Payout is non-transferable and non-assignable.
- We accept all liability for the Payout, won by a User on a successful bet.
- Where an error occurs through the provision of incorrect statistics or results from our Third Party Data Suppliers, or a mistake made by Us, we reserve the right to revise Points and corresponding places and Payouts to Users, after the Resulting of the Contest.
- Any Payout won by a minor shall be forfeited.
7. Contest Types
Skrilla offers a range of Prize Pool Types to Users:
- Standard Contest
A Standard Contest has a set number of Rosters required in order for the Contest to go Live. In the event that the Roster Limit is not reached, the Contest will be cancelled and the Entry Fees paid by each User returned.
- Guaranteed Contest
We ensure a Guaranteed Prize Pool for all Guaranteed Contests. This ensures that a Contest will proceed regardless of the number of Players entered or Entry Fees paid and Users will be paid according to the Prize Pool Split and clause 6.4.
8. Betting Rules
- Each Contest will run in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and the applicable Betting Rules.
- We may place restrictions on the types or number of Rosters, a Player may submit, at its discretion.
- We may exclude Users from Contests based on a range of factors, including experience levels.
- If the scheduled start time of the first Match in a Contest changes, We may adjust the Time Left till the Contest goes Live to reflect the change.
- Contests may be cancelled at any time, at Our discretion, resulting in all Entry Fees returned to Players. This excludes returns for Free Entry Contests.
- All bets You place and Selections made, are placed, received and processed in the Northern Territory.
- Where a dispute exists concerning the outcome of a Contest, Our decision is final and binding, subject to a Users recourse with the NTRC. Please see the Customer Query, Dispute and Complaint Policy.
- Below are the applicable rules for each Esport We offer.
- A User must make a Selection of Five Players to submit a valid Roster.
- A valid Roster cannot exceed a Selection of Three (3) Players maximum from a single Team.
- The Scoring System in relation to Team Points, will accrue based on the actions done by the Team which the selected Players are part of, and reflected in the Scoring System.
10. Disqualification, Errors and Cancellation
- A User’s Entry in any Contest can be cancelled at any point in time where they fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions or Betting Rules, or at Our absolute discretion.
- We reserve the right to cancel or alter the terms of any Contest, at Our discretion.
- We reserve the right to cancel a bet where an error has occurred, and reimburse Players their Entry Fees. This excludes returns for Free Entry Contests.
- You agree that We may retrospectively void or adjust the outcome of a Resulted Contest due to error, fraud, or a significant change in results or statistics from our Third Party Data Providers. You agree that the Payout for such a bet will be redeemable from your eWallet funds, or that we will be entitled to a repayment from You in relation to the bet, where it has been withdrawn from Your eWallet, where an amount is outstanding due to the adjustment.
- Skrilla employees are ineligible to participate in any Contest which involve a Entry Fee and Payout. Should an occurrence transpire where a Skrilla employee is involved in a Contest, they will be disqualified, and should they place and be involved in Payout, all Players positioned below them will move up by a Resulted placing and respective Payout, as if the employee had not participated.